The first thing is that PcMars is NOT network program!! A true network program invokes file locks and would allow numerous users to be entering transactions into the same set of books. PcMars will NOT allow you to do this.
However, most users simply want to access data via a network, which is possible with PcMars. Here’s how-------
1. Load the PcMars with sample data on every computer you want to access the data from.
2. Once all the programs are loaded, go into PcMars to “Options”Ž”Miscellaneous Options” and make sure to select “Advanced file management”.
3. Assign a drive letter to the folder you want to share. The procedure varies depending on the Window version you are using. To assign a drive letter using the Windows XP operating system:
1. Open My computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
3. In Drive, select a drive letter.
4. In Folder, type the server and share name of the computer or folder you want.
Click Browse to find the computer or folder.
Other Window Setup Tips:
To reconnect to the mapped drive every time you log on, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
Mapped drives are available only when the host computer is available.
ALSO—You can set the network path in PcMars as a default. To do this simply right click when you are selecting the “Set of Books” to get a drop down menu. (See below). Then choose “Save current directory as default”.
CAUTION: NEVER HAVE MORE THAN ONE PCMARS PROGRAM OPENED TO THE SAME SET OF BOOKS!!! THIS WILL CORRUPT YOUR DATA.